Skydance Media and AMC
A television series created by Marti Noxon, adapted from Sarai Walker's novel of the same name.
Dietland is a wickedly funny and extraordinarily timed satire about Plum Kettle, a ghostwriter for the editor of one of New York’s hottest fashion magazines. Struggling with self-image and fed up with how she’s treated by her boss and society, Plum sets out on a wildly complicated road to self-awakening. At the same time, everyone is buzzing over news reports about men, accused of sexual abuse and assault, who are disappearing and meeting untimely, violent deaths.
Plum also finds herself in the middle of two factions – one sisterhood who may be responsible for the attacks on male harassers, and the other which preaches female empowerment. She straddles these two groups, trying to make sense of the changing world and her part in it.
Equal parts revenge fantasy and heartfelt journey to self-acceptance, Dietland, which is based on Sarai Walker’s 2015 best-selling critically acclaimed novel of the same name, is a darkly comedic story that explores a multitude of issues faced by women today – including patriarchy, misogyny, rape culture, and unrealistic beauty standards.
- Joy NashPlum Kettle
- Julianna MarguliesKitty Montgomery
- Robin WeigertVerena Baptist
- Tamara TunieJulia Clark
- Erin DarkeLeeta Albridge
- Adam RothenbergDominic O'Shea
- Tramell TillmanSteven
- Rowena KingCheryl Crane-Murphy
- Will SeefriedBen
- Ricardo DavilaEladio
- Debra MonkMrs. Kettle
- Ami ShethSana
- Created byMarti Noxon
- Based on Novel bySarai Walker
- WriterMarshall Heyman
- WriterNancy Fichman
- WriterJennifer Hoppe
- WriterJacqueline Hoyt
- WriterJanine Nabers
- WriterMatthew Shire
- Executive ProducerBonnie Curtis
- Executive ProducerJulie Lynn
- Executive ProducerDavid Ellison
- Executive ProducerDana Goldberg
- Executive ProducerMaria Grasso
- Executive ProducerMarcy Ross
- Dietland Is a Darkly Comic Satire With a Feminist Message
- The Guardian -- Dietland review – a ferocious and funny drama for the #MeToo era
- New Yorker -- “Dietland,” Reviewed: A Bleak and Giddy Subversion of Beauty Myths
- USA Today Review -- Don't deprive yourself of AMC's delicious 'Dietland'
- New York Times -- ‘Dietland’ is Violent, Disruptive and Surreal. And Funny.